A pilgrimage to the Holy Shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji is considered to be one of the holiest pilgrimages of our times. Popular the world over as the Mother who fulfills whatever Her children wish for, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji resides in a Holy Cave located in the folds of the three peaked mountain named Trikuta (pronounced as Trikoot).
- Explore the thrilling and naturally beautiful road
- Trek on the spectacular Hills of Trikuta towards Vaishno Devi Temple
- Embrace the beauty of caves
Pick up from Jammu Railway Station and transfer to Katra (50 Kms/1.5 Hours). Spend rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Katra Hotel.
After early morning breakfast, begin your journey by foot to Vaishno devi Temple, a trek of total 28 kms. Later return to your hotel in Katra. Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Katra.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel & proceed for Jammu to drop at Airport/Railway Station for your onward journey with sweet memories of the tour. Let’s stay in touch on Facebookemail and meet again on another memorable Holiday. See you soon!
- 02 Nights accommodation in Katra at suggested or similar category hotels
- Meals – Breakfast, Dinner as specified in the itinerary
- 1- 4 Pax based on Etios/Dzire suitable for 2 Adults and 2 children travelling together and 4- 5 Pax based on Innova suitable for 4 to 5 Adults travelling together for transfers and sightseeing. (Please note that AC will be switched off while travelling in hilly terrain, Vehicle is not at disposal).
- Driver Food, Parking Charges, Toll Taxes
- GST 5% (Government Tax) on total package price
- Airfare /Railway Fare
- Helicopter Ride
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- Any up gradation in hotel room category
- Any items of personal nature like tips to guides, drivers, laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), and food and drink which is not part of set group menu
- Any optional tours, excursions, supplement costs, services and activities not mentioned in the itinerary inclusions
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of any individual due to illness, accident , hospitalization or any personal emergency
Hotel Durga Residency/Similar
Note: Hotel accommodation is subject to availability
The journey from Katra to Bhavan takes around 5 to 7 hours. The time taken also depends on the speed of a person. If you are capable of walking at a consistent speed then you may cover the distance in slightly less time. Descending time is less and it takes around 3 to 6 hours for a person to descend.
You cannot take prepaid sims along with you to Jammu and Kashmir. Only postpaid connections work here. Postpaid connection of any number works great. No prepaid connections operate.
Vaishno Devi is an amazing destination open for tourists throughout the year. The best time for you to reach completely depends upon your interest. This all year round destination provides a different experience in every season. The Spring-summer is as equally pleasant and refreshing, as the hypnotic winters.
December to February are the months that should be avoided to visit Vaishno Devi. They are the least advisable months as snowfall is also experienced during this time.
The trek of Vaishno Devi is of about 14 km from the base camp at Katra.